Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My first coupon adventure

So getting use to this whole blogging thing is interesting...of course I can remember to facebook everyday....but blogging....I'm to new to couponing and my life just isn't that interesting lol.  So 5/15/2012 was my first "major" couponing day...I'm not sure if couponing is a word but here and with me...it is so just ignore my grammar and made up words :) My local Kroger was having a pretty nice sale so I took advantage of that...I caught a couple decent deals else where but..my big coupon usage was at Kroger so I'll start there :)
So with just the coupons I used I saved $25.73  This is before the fact that my store doubles your coupons...up to one dollar. so after doubling my coupons I saved $31.66  Obviously some/most of my coupons were for free products, $1 off or more, and even two $3.00 off!!  Also with my store plus card I saved an additional $31.47  So...what did I get?  I've noticed that most people who blog their experience take a picture of all their goodies...well I forgot that part so I'll just have to list them for you :)

2 yoplait gogurt
2 kraft cheese dinner kits (the cheese and seasoning packets...their new)
1 small box of Trix cereal
5 small bags of Goldfish...all different flavors
1 Purina 3lb cat food
1 store brand 3lb cat food
2 boxes Quaker Granola Bars
1 Quaker Yogurt Granola bar
6 Capri sun 5 Roaring waters 1- 100% Juice
1 Gal Milk (will be going back for more)
1 pack 12 stick Sargenteno String Cheese
Johnsonville smoked sausage
2 Apple Chicken sausage Johnsonville
1 Contenelle flushable wipes (42 ct)
1 18ct Always infinity pads
2 Bic Hybrid Razors (For men) with 6 changeable blades each
1store brand ketchup
1 Hormel sliced turkey
1 Hormel sliced ham
2.5 lbs of red grapes
1 Oscar Mayer Turkey Franks
2 packages of fresh black berries
30 Koolaid mixes
2 care free regular panty liners (free I must add)
4 dove chocolate bars (single serving)

My total before the store special prices and coupon/doubles????  $139.67  So I saved a total of????  $63.13

This was all with 3 weeks of cutting and collecting my coupons and researching tips as well as getting advice from a couponing friend!  One Sunday of searching my local adds for deals and matching coupons!!
One thing I have learned is that when you are searching for coupons...use zip codes from all over!  I was able to get .75 off a gallon of white milk (which my store double to $1.00)  and my krogers milk was on sale for $2.63 meaning I got a gallon of milk for $1.63...Milk is reaching gas prices :) and as much as we go through milk...at least 4 gallons a week for 4 people....I am loving this coupon!!

I may be slow at this whole blogging..for now...but if your still looking for tips and learning with me...or even sharing your tips...please share this blog and keep checking back :)



No comments:

Post a Comment